Happy Monday!!!! I hope everyone is enjoying the start of the week from yesterday! Today I am in a really great mood! I am currently on my local college’s campus! Even though I don’t go here I feel really inspired and really great! I decided to reflect on what I’m feeling and share with you 10 things you should start doing to make you happier!
1) Make a music playlist that makes you want to dance no matter what – I recently decided to subscribe to Apple music and it’s the best decision I’ve made! There are plenty of created playlists that are so good and they have a lot music available (INCLUDING T SWIFT!!) I decided to make a playlist of music that I really loved and could listen to in a car ride and it ranges from Lorde (her new single is banging), Miranda Lambert, Drake, Ed Sheeran, and just so much music that I love and it honestly has made a difference. When I am listening to this playlist I can’t help but want to dance and jam out to every song. I mean what says a great playlist from Lorde’s Green Light to Strawberry Wine Deana Carter. Here’s my playlist for anyone who wants to take a listen to it here
I actually had to stop playing my playlist to write this post because I was jamming along but I think that it’s so important. Music has the power to influence you in so many ways! I feel as though if you’re waking up, the playlist you make can really boost your mood now of course I do have some really good sad songs that I love like More Like Her by Miranda Lambert but that’s drowned out by all the positivity songs and that song I can just sing because it resonates with me not because I don’t get sad with it! If you’re in a kick butt power mood I always recommend a Miranda Lambert, Taylor Swift, Fifth Harmony, or Drake song!! I really believe that music has the power to influence you.
2) Schedule time for friends and ones you haven’t seen in a while – I’ve been doing this a lot recently I sometimes tend to get so busy and in my head I realize that I haven’t talked to many people and I’m sure we’re all guilty of this a time or two. So by reaching out I’ve had coffee with a friend from freshman year, I workout with friends I met this year, and I’m about to study with a friend I haven’t seen since senior year of high school!!!! It’s actually pretty crazy! By doing this you are allowing yourself to be more social and be involved with other people, it’s really awesome to bond. I think that at some point you need to reach out and find people who you are comfortable hanging out with or even venting to.
3) Smile and talk to people while walking around – This one is actually pretty pulse racing. I am used to plugging in my headphones, hat on, and looking down but just enough so I can see where I’m going but sometimes it’s nice to take it out and be aware of your surroundings. It’s actually nice to see who smiles back and who’s nice to you. It also is a mood booster after a while smiling and talking to people it feels very fresh and new. Do you remember the time you met someone and you really clicked at first? It’s thrilling! You never know you could meet someone new doing this!
4) Dive into a hobby and learn everything you absolutely can – This one is probably my favorite one out of them because I feel like people who are into hobbies and interests are so amazing! I have friends who are into music, playing instruments, robotics, art, etc. and it’s always so awesome to learn some things from them too! I feel like with going to school, and then being busy it’s nice to have something to get a break from and vent with. I play guitar and write a lot, it’s so nice to have that outlet. I’m always writing and making new songs. It makes you an enriched person and gives you something greater to strive with even if it’s learning a new language that can come in handy down the road.
5) Come to class with a renewed mind – This is one of the harder to think about. I try to stay concentrated and remember that I’m paying to go to class! It’s really hard when you’re running late, miss coffee, and SO over lectures. When I’m learning I have to renew my mind and think of it as enriching for me to really obtain something that’s a little bland to me. I read the textbook take notes from that, take notes from the lectures in class, study over both of them and everything I don’t understand I ask the teacher. I think it’s best to come to class with a clear mind. I remember all the times I came to class upset, or stressing over something I did not retain much of the lesson at all because I was focused on my mind. If that happens, it’s okay we’re human just try to catch up later. Maybe be open and make a friend in the class to get the notes you miss from!
6) Find something to meditate on – Another thing that I love is relaxing and getting in a zone. For people this could be numerous things which are reading the bible, worship music, mediating, yoga, calming music, etc. Whatever works for you to de-stress I think you should do it. My mind is always overloaded, overthinking, and sometimes it hurts!!! It’s always nice for me to listen to a calming playlist, or take a break with a show on Netflix, even take a nap! Your mental health is really important so make sure you take that break.
7) Surround yourself with positivity –
This is a huuuuuuuuuuge one! You need positive things in your life! The biggest ones for me are quotes! A lot of people who know me know I’ll send them a quote and try to be as positive as I can. A big factor for me is the stuff I’m feeding into my life. I have positive friends, atmosphere, life, music, and pretty much everything. I notice when things are bringing me down and cutting them out is absolutely necessary with going on with life!
You are who you hangout with! I know everyone hears that quote but it is so true and I want everyone reading this to be as successful as they want to be! Please always remember that you are truly special and you have a great purpose. I really hope you find what that is and don’t let negative things bring you down!
8) Give back to the community – I could go on but giving is the best reward. Just be nice, pay it forward, and have a kind heart. I can’t stand people who do things for their own incentive we have a world of that but being nice goes the long way but don’t let people take you for granted. Give back to good things like shelters, societies, and organizations! Find out where you can volunteer locally and just do!
9) Treat yourself – I sometimes will treat myself with new clothes, new makeup, or even a milkshake! I feel like sometimes taking the time to yourself, shopping, eating, and just being in your zen is really important to your success as a person! As much as we should give back, be social, and constantly be the best we can it’s nice to take a step back and enjoy a Sunday afternoon alone!
10) Be genuine to who you are – I think the best thing I’ve been doing lately is discovering who I am as a person because I feel like I haven’t known. This person that I am figuring out I want to be sure it comes across to people that I’m not as quiet, and reserved as I’ve always been. I am more willing to speak up and make a way for myself because I have worked so hard to get where I am now. Tying all of these things together being who you are is really good overall. The less you are yourself, I feel like you won’t be as happy trying to please people or impress people. If you have to do that then I’m going to break it to you those are not the people you need to be around! I got in a heated discussion with my grandma about marriage, obviously I’m not getting married anytime soon but I felt strongly one way and she felt strongly another way. Normally I brush off what I think but it was nice to explain why I believe what I did. Being genuine to who you are will help you on late in life because people will know you, and what you strive for!
Thank you so much for tuning into this I know it was a little lengthy but I feel really inspired today and I hope you can utilize this list as well. Remember stay updated with me and follow my Instagram!
What makes you happy? Have you done any of these things, would you want to try out some yourself?