I am beyond ecstatic to bring music to you. I’ve been waiting a while to make this post. I decided since it’s August and it’s usually a hot, busy, summer month I wanted to bring a playlist that I enjoy the music from. Unfortunately with my busy schedule, it’s not new music to me but it might be new to you! Music means so much to me, and I really am so happy to share this playing with you. Here’s Relaxing Playlist: August.
- Heartbeats (Jose Gonzalez) – The first time I heard this song confetti was falling from the sky and there was Peyton Sawyer with her blonde curls pulled back in a pony smiling taking it all. In that moment, Lucas knew to tell her that she was he wanted beside him “It’s you, Peyton.” This song takes me to my favorite scene from a TV show, it’s relaxing and also brings feeling of crushes to my mind
- In Your Atmosphere Live (John Mayer) – Hands down this is my favorite John Mayer song. I have listened to this for many years. I can never get enough of this song. The live version is my favorite, John really catches his voice well in the recording. I love the story behind it, still having a love for someone so strong that like in the song “die if I saw you.” My favorite lyric is “I don’t know what it’s like to land and not race to your door.” Oh John Mayer you steal my heart constantly. I also love the outro so much.
- White Blank Page (Mumford and Sons) – Love this song because it’s very deep in the way that the singer is confessing what they feel. Where did the love go wrong? Was loving with my whole heart the wrong thing to do? I just think this is a beautiful song. I listen to it for quite a time.
- Say Ok (Vanessa Hudgens) – I had to throw back to my childhood. Vanessa has such a beautiful voice, oh my! I thought this song was a different vibe to what I’ve had in the playlist. Say it’s going to be okay. It’s a very confessional song, as you can see I love those songs a lot.
- Lead Balloon (Sarah Humphreys) – I can always relax to this song, it’s so beautiful in every way. I found it being obsessed with this Australian singer on YouTube. She did a lovely job, so I looked up the original song. It’s so sweet and innocent. The subject is love and having so much love that there are things you’d do like drop everything like a Lead Balloon.
- I Never Told You (Colbie Caillat) – Oh boy another song my younger self used to listen to and sigh out of my mom’s minivan window as if I knew what love was. But I can feel the emotion behind this song. It’s so strong. I love hearing emotional songs from woman. It makes me feel like they’re so much stronger for letting it out. “I never told you, I just held it in” a song full of regret I bet at some point we may feel.
- Why Georgia Live (John Mayer) – Oh look a song not about love! I love anything John Mayer live honestly but I feel this song was important to put up. Although it’s about questioning if you’re doing the right thing, it sounds very optimistic. I love this song very much. I heard Mayer wrote it after dropping out of Berklee and moving to Georgia only knowing one person. Well Mayer, found his success.
- Never Meant (American Football) – Boy when I heard this song on some Internet radio site it was so soothing to my ear the music is so neat. It’s definitely different then what I normally listen to. This song is about falling out of love, saying things you shouldn’t have said but pretend that you two were never meant. Wow, that may happen a lot with a past love. I believe that once someone is in your past that’s the way it’s supposed to be but you can’t help but wonder.
- Tenerife Sea (Ed Sheeran) – You know I couldn’t have a playlist and not include Ed in it. Ed Sheeran has hands down the most relaxing singing voice. Hi Ed, if you’re reading this sing me to sleep, ok? I just think this song is so sweet. It catches a love, and in admiration for someone in an incredible way. I can only wish my future husband thinks these things of me.
- Lilac Wine (Jeff Buckley) – Jeff Buckley will forever be my favorite. He really has opened me to the way he’d write and sing. I think this song is very strong emotion. After a breakup, this person looses himself while drinking (which isn’t a good thing to do.) It makes me as the listener think the loss of the love was so strong he did the worst he could do to himself. I think this song was beautiful to end on.
I am in love with music, and I hope you enjoyed this playlist. Make sure you stay updated with me!
Tell me what you thought of this. What music relaxes you?
Would you want to hear more playlists? I’d love to know!! 🙂
Make sure to pin the image if you loved reading this!